The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Here Horsey, Horsey, Horsey!

That is definitely not a phrase I ever thought I would have to say but, strangely enough, at 1:00 this morning that's exactly what we were saying. Confused?! The Dills (our fabulous neighbors) got home to Puerto Rico last night and Courtney and I went to pick them up. Everything was going great until our car overheated...AGAIN. We pulled over on the side of the road and called our friend, Manny, to come pick us up. Just as he pulled up the Dills called and had landed...and here I was - 40 minutes away. Lovely! Manny let me take his car and I drove to San Juan (of course VERY cautiously...is that a word?) and picked them up. We got home around 8:30ish and decided to hang out talking - after all it's been 6 weeks since we saw each other. Courtney went to bed around 12:30 because he was, how should we say it, "under the weather". Brent, Katie, and me stayed up when all of a sudden Katie says, "Is that a horse?" Not only was it a horse but it was a horse without a human! There it was just walking by our house. Brent being the animal lover that he is jumped the little half wall to rescue the horse who by now was in the middle of the busy highway that runs in front of our house. Katie and I went to get apples from my house and took them to the horse. By now Brent has the horse on the sidewalk. He was eating the apples (the horse, not Brent) and we decided to take him home. So I got a rope and Brent led him to our driveway. He was really a nice horse - just walked around eating apples, potatoes, and any grass he could find. So what else is a horse to do?! You guessed it!! He left 3 HUGE piles right in the driveway. He really liked Brent so he followed him around. He followed me to take the trash out at about 3:00 this morning (we were still up trying to figure out what to do) and scared me to death...I almost left a pile of my own! (Pretty picture, huh?!) Anyway - we decided to take him to this big grassy field behind the little grass patch where Miller and Winston leave their own piles. We walked him down there and 3 guys were watching us. Katie and I got freaked out and wanted to go home, Brent was trying to tend to the horse, and the 3 weirdos just kept watching. We ended up walking home and they followed us!!! We got out the machetes and I got out my new pocket knife (thank you, Calvin!) and we were ready for them. Well, if by ready for them I mean hiding in the kitchen with the lights off and the doors locked. They walked around the block a few times, stopping by the driveway making funny noises...haven't quite figured that one out. I tried to go to bed but was too freaked out so I was up until 5:00. It was a long night! All in all the Dills had an interesting homecoming wouldn't you say?! Here are some pictures we took of the horse...enjoy! Anyone got a shovel we can use?



No comments: