We've figured out that Cael sleeps much much better if he is in a bigger bed. He was in his toddler bed but he was waking up at least once every night. We started putting him down on our guest bed which is a Queen size. Surprise!! He sleeps all night!!! So we decided it was worth it to buy him a new bed. We ended up going with a bunk bed that is a twin on top & full on bottom. We don't even need to worry about buying a twin size mattress because he won't be up there for a good long while. We paid for the bed but it won't be in until next week so here's a picture of what his new bed is like!
I have to cheat & steal this idea from Katie. I saw it on her blog (that she saw on someone else's blog) and thought it was cute. Here's how it works:
1. Thank & link back to the person who awarded you.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 great bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers & tell them about the award.
1. I love keeping up my blog. There, I said it. I love telling people about my crazy, insane life with my hubs & son. I don't even care if people think it's crazy! If you know about my blog then you are obviously reading it....must not think it's too crazy I you're taking the time to read it, right?! I love being able to keep people posted on Cael's little life and occassionally Courtney & I do something that makes it on here, too. :)
2. I love my husband. Courtney Marsh drives me insane & makes me want to rip every hair on my body out sometimes but he is mine. I have practically grown up with him (and taught him everything he knows!) and am a better person because of him. If you don't know our story, here are the Cliff's notes: We met in 7th grade. We were very close friends - I even gave him girl advice! Courtney was so short and would dance with me at school dances so he could look down my shirt or dress (true story!). We started "going together" on October 25, 1994 to get his cousin Ashley to leave us alone. I told Ashley I would stay with him for 2 weeks....it's been a long 2 weeks! We went to college together at ESU, graduated & got married a week later on May 25, 2002. Love you, Bubby!
3. I love my son! Cael Ryan was born on June 10, 2009. Yes, we waited a long time before we had a baby! He was a well thought out plan and I would say our plan worked out perfectly! He was small when he was born (5 lbs. 13.8 oz) but with a big personality. He was the best baby ever!! He rarely cried & was so laid back. He continues to be laid back & is growing in to being a curious, smart, fun, loving, empathetic, wonderful toddler. I cannot imagine my life without him! Love you, Mr. Boy!
4. I love Cowboys football! I don't see this as a problem at all....my husband has a different thought on that. I love them no matter what their season looks like. Case in point - this year they pretty much sucked & I am still cheering them on. I have their star tattooed on my back (don't judge me!) and I have Cowboys blankets out the wazoo. I love, love, LOVE them! And....my hubs wrestled against my favorite player, #41 Terence Newman, when they were little in Kids Federation wrestling. Newman grew up in Salina, KS.
5. I (secretly) love watching my husband coach wrestling & baseball. Cross country - not so much. I love how the boys respond to him & how they treat our son. They love having Cael around. They even accept him into their "circle" when they aren't wrestling. The parents love him, too, which makes tournaments much easier. I am so comfortable aroun the wrestling group of boys & parents and look forward to spending Saturdays with them. I am (again secretly) a little sad when the season is over. :( As far as baseball goes - I mainly love it because Cael & I get to be outside. I think this season will be a lot of fun with him able to walk (run) all over!
6. If I weren't a teacher I would want to be a photographer. I love to take pictures! I would love to have a big fancy camera but I really don't need one. I don't think I'm that great at taking pictures but I still love it!
7. I (secretly) enjoy running & I want to be good at it. I am trying! I did not run at all last week when we had our snow days. I am starting again Monday bright & early with my 2 mile run. I really want to complete the 4 mile run in April & I want to do good!!
And now on to the awards!
I have to give an award back to Katie. She gave it to me (thanks Kate!). Katie was there with me when I really started this thing. I had made 2 entries before we moved to PR. The night that we finally got internet we both started working on our blogs. I love that we can keep in touch through our blogs. I feel like I already know Hollyn because of her blog! And Cael loves to see pictures of his girl Hattie Jean. We love the Dills & we miss them very much!!
Scott is one of Jizzle's good friends from DC that we have become close with. Scott came to see us in PR with Joy & we had a blast! We love getting to see him when we go visit Joy. Scott is an amazing cook!! I love to get recipes & ideas from his blog.
Jason is another of Joy's good friends from DC. He & Scott are Cael's Guncles and he loves them!! I love to read Jason's blog & get ideas about good movies, TV shows, books, games, etc. When he & Scott came down to PR we had a blast dancing around, drinking & eating.
Trish is Courtney's cousin that lives in Texas. She is really the reason I started blogging. She & her hubby moved to England and she started a blog while she was there. She was pregnant with Zekers & it was great to be able to keep up with how her pregnancy was going & then life with baby. She has kept the blog up & they now have Ezekiel, Daisy & the latest, Elijah.
Nicole is Courtney's cousin also. She is married to Travis. She started her blog a while ago & sometimes has trouble keeping it up to date. I suppose she gets a pass because she does have 2 kids and works full time. Excuses, excuses!! I really enjoy when I get to spend some time with Nicole. It's nice to be with another working mom that's involved in this crazy family I married in to! Cael loves her 2 girls Alta & KayLynn.
I have only met Misty one time. She is one of Kate's good friends from college. Courtney & I drove to Iowa to watch Allyn wrestle in college nationals & we got to meet Misty & her family for lunch. We feel like we've known them forever! They are the nicest family & we hope we get to see them again!!
**I am starting to steal awards from Kate!! I think I need more of my peeps to start blogging!!**
Jean is Kate's mom. She is one of the neatest women I've ever met! She is 62 years old & RUNS. Not here & there runs but RUNS. She just ran a marathon at Disneyworld! Yes, you read correctly, a marathon. 26 miles!! I'm 32 years old and am having to really work to run 4! Crazy!! We've met Jean & John in Puerto Rico when they came to visit and had so much fun! After meeting Kate's family it's easy to see why she is so loveable! ;)
Sheila is another of Kate's friends. Kate is much better at getting people to blog than I am! I really need to work on people.... Anyway! Sheila came to PR so we have met her also! She is a newlywed & spends a lot of time outdoors with her hubs. Even in the freezing cold of South Dakota!
I taught at MacArthur with Marilyn. She is a fun lady!! She has since moved to Texas (I'm still not happy about it!) and is teaching there. She hasn't blogged lately but I'm sure she will soon....right, Marilyn?!
10. I, unfortunately, do not have a 10th award. People! Please work with me! Someone, anyone, start blogging!
If you don't know what a Cricut is I feel sorry for you! A Cricut is the neatest die cutting machine thingy ever!! I have seen them on TV for at least the last few years and have always wanted one. I had heard of some moms at my school that had one & I was jealous. For at least the last 5 years there was a wrestler's mom that made poster board singlets & put the boys' names on them. They were always hanging on the gym wall for the home matches & the boys loved them. She even made one for Cael last year if you recall. Well, her son graduated last year so there was noone to make the singlets. Believe it or not, moms started asking about them this year. I got a pattern from another mom & asked a mom at school to make the letters for me using her Cricut. She did (thank you Gayla!) and I put them all together. That little machine does awesome work!! I told Courtney that I really need one because then I can make the singlets every year and not have to worry about having to ask someone to make them. It worked and I am getting one! I know for sure I will now that we've heard amazing, fabulous, crazy news about our tax refund this year. And we refinanced our house & got a great rate & drop in our mortgage payment. And we don't have to make a payment til April 1. And we'll get escrow money back. Yep. Mama's happy!!! Here's a pic of the singlets I made. The poster was made at school by a student. Pretty cool!
Here's the thing. I want to be a crafty person!! The truth is though - my sister got the crafty, artsy gene. Here's my attempt at being creative for KS day last week.
In case you can't tell it's a sunflower. It worked for Kindergarten - they loved it! And we discovered that Cael likes twinkies!