The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Saturday, February 05, 2011

I loves me a Cricut!

If you don't know what a Cricut is I feel sorry for you!  A Cricut is the neatest die cutting machine thingy ever!!  I have seen them on TV for at least the last few years and have always wanted one.  I had heard of some moms at my school that had one & I was jealous.  For at least the last 5 years there was a wrestler's mom that made poster board singlets & put the boys' names on them.  They were always hanging on the gym wall for the home matches & the boys loved them.  She even made one for Cael last year if you recall.  Well, her son graduated last year so there was noone to make the singlets.  Believe it or not, moms started asking about them this year.  I got a pattern from another mom & asked a mom at school to make the letters for me using her Cricut.  She did (thank you Gayla!) and I put them all together.  That little machine does awesome work!!  I told Courtney that I really need one because then I can make the singlets every year and not have to worry about having to ask someone to make them.  It worked and I am getting one!  I know for sure I will now that we've heard amazing, fabulous, crazy news about our tax refund this year.  And we refinanced our house & got a great rate & drop in our mortgage payment.  And we don't have to make a payment til April 1.  And we'll get escrow money back.  Yep.  Mama's happy!!!  Here's a pic of the singlets I made.  The poster was made at school by a student.  Pretty cool!


Here's the thing.  I want to be a crafty person!!  The truth is though - my sister got the crafty, artsy gene.  Here's my attempt at being creative for KS day last week.


In case you can't tell it's a sunflower.  It worked for Kindergarten - they loved it!  And we discovered that Cael likes twinkies!

1 comment:

jizzle said...

I will give you some of my gene and we can share it. Sound good?

Love the cake.