The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Monday, December 18, 2006

Back in Kansas...

Well, I've been back in Kansas for a week now. Last week was so crazy. I got to St. Louis at 5:30 last Sunday. Amanda was nice enough to drive to pick me up, we stopped and ate, picked up Jim and the kids (so exciting to see them!) and we drove to Minneapolis. We arrived around 2:30 Monday morning...long drive from St. Louis, in case you didn't know. Grandpa's funeral was Monday afternoon so Monday was a long day. Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, cards, etc. during this time. We've made it through the tough stuff now it's time to move on. On Tuesday, my mom and I helped Grandma write thank you notes then it was back to Lenexa to mom & dad's apartment. I spent Wednesday at Ft. Leavenworth surprising our friends there. It was so much fun to see their faces when I walked in! Thursday and Friday I wrapped Christmas presents then we drove back to Minneapolis. Courtney's cousin Travis got married on Saturday so I got to see his family that day. It was a lovely ceremony and I was glad I could be there to represent the Marsh family. Yesterday it was church, breakfast, more driving, (back to Lenexa) and then helping mom with her Christmas shopping. My poor father was our driver and he sat in the Blazer while we shopped. It's been so nice driving my Blazer with cruise control!! I've experienced some of the things we've been missing in PR but I'm saving some for when my husband finally arrives on Wednesday. No pictures to show right now because 1) I haven't taken very many, and 2) I don't have the right computer to put them up on. I'll be sure to take some when we see friends on Friday and family next week to put them up for all to see. Have a very Feliz Navidad!

No comments: