The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Friday, December 08, 2006

It looks as if some of you will get to see me earlier than expected! Courtney will still be coming in on December 20 but I, unfortunately, am coming home for Christmas 10 days early due to the death of my Grandfather. My Grandpa, Curtis Butler, passed away yesterday after a long battle with cancer. While we are terribly saddened by this, it is a relief because he is no longer suffering. He had been in the hospital for, I believe, a month or more. They performed surgery which is when they found out he had more cancer, after that he suffered a stroke, and from then on it was down hill. My Grandma and Aunt Kim spent tireless hours (every night) at his bedside and my parents did the same (every weekend) since he fell ill. I will not be able to blog for a while since I will be at home with my family so I will come back to it after Christmas (sooner if you're lucky!) to let you in on anything new. Courtney will be staying behind to get things squared away with the dogs, our home, and school before the long break. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers during this time. I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday and a great start to 2007!

No comments: