The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Goodbye Puerto Rico!

I've been putting off putting up a post with pictures about our departure from Puerto Rico. I guess I've done that because I was afraid it would make it real to me that we left - I was right! Katie put up a "final PR" post and that finally made it start to sink in so I guess I better get it over with. Our final week in Puerto Rico was really strange. The other teachers had a party for us on our last Monday and it was so much fun! They sure know how to party down there...and I like to think it's partly to do with us (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!). I do miss those people already. I can't wait to go back and visit...or have some of them up here in Kansas (hint, hint). Here are some pics from our final party:





















We then had to go to work on Tuesday which we were not happy about because we had to leave at 3:30 Wednesday morning. On Tuesday we worked, packed, said good-bye to everyone, and (of course) cried a lot. On our last night with the Dills, Katie said we should have put our mark on Casa Benny so my husband got the marker and did just that. I forgot to take a picture but Katie did it the next day. If you've kept up with our BLOG you know how true the saying is. I hope it's there forever!!!















Katie and I had been dreading our good-bye for 2 years. I don't know if anyone can truly understand the bond we have with the Dills. It goes beyond friendship. They truly are our brother and sister and we miss them terribly!! The chord is stretched and it hurts!!! (Katie will understand!) It is so strange to have gone from seeing them daily (several times a day) for 2 years to maybe we'll get to see them 2 or 3 times a year if we're lucky. I know that they will be a part of our lives forever and I know that we will see each other as often as we can. I can't wait to go to Texas for a Cowboys game!!!

Our time in Puerto Rico may be finished but we will visit and the memories we made there will last forever.

No comments: