The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The last week....

Let's see - where were we?! Last Friday was pretty uneventful. Aunt Sandi came up and Mom & Dad came over for dinner. Saturday we had a BBQ with our family and the Bridges clan. It was so nice because they sent Courtney & I to take a nap while they all watched Cael. It was nice to get a few hours of sleep. It's not that Cael doesn't sleep well because he does for a 1 month old but we just don't sleep as sound as we used to. I try to leave Courtney alone most nights and not get him up with me which is taking a toll on me but it's worth it to have a happy husband. Maybe one of these nights he'll pay me back! Sunday we went to Amanda's for Anna's birthday party. I can't believe she's 5 years old already!! How did that happen?! Further more - I can't believe Nic is 10!!! WOW! Time really does fly by! Monday was a rough day - we went shopping & out to eat with the parents and Joy and had to say goodbye to her. I NEVER cry when she leaves and I didn't when she left 3 weeks ago but I sobbed like Cael this time!! I guess it's a combo or hormones (I know - you're shocked that I, of all people, am hormonal!) and the fact that I won't get to see her until Christmas. Normally that wouldn't be a huge deal because we've done this since 2001 when she moved to DC but it's different with having the boy here. He was so comfy on her boobs!! That sounds funny.... he would lay on her chest and sleep for HOURS! If she would have let me I would have strapped him to her chest during the night and I'm sure he would have slept all night! Yesterday I went to my school to start getting my room ready and left pretty quick. I cleaned up and organized one closet and then went to get all the paper work for our day care. I'm so relieved that's taken care of! Today has been pretty laid back - just getting ready to go home tomorrow. Most of Courtney's family back in Salina, Minneapolis, Ada, etc. haven't met Cael so we're going to go home for a while. We have an appointment on Friday afternoon to have his pictures taken for The Future Leaders of Tomorrow edition of the newspaper. I'll post a copy when I get them. I'm excited to have those taken! We ended up not taking newborn pics with Amy because he skin didn't really clear up. He still has some baby zits (poor guy!) and a little peeling on his head. I decided I have been taking a ton of pictures here and we'll probably just have pictures done in another month or so. We'll see! We will definitely be going out to Amy's for pictures at some point (lots of points probably!). He's just so darn cute!!! Here are a few pictures we took this weekend. I'll post more after this weekend when we're at home. I'm sure I'll take lots of pictures back home!

Lucky Joy!













Don't get your hopes up ladies....he's taken by Hattie Jean!!













Awfully cozy on Aunt Joy's chest at The Yard House.
















Rockin his first pair of Chuck Taylor "shoes" from Cool Aunt Joy! (Oh yes, he will be wearing a pair in his pictures Friday!)

No comments: