The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's Been a While....

Where to's been a long time since I last updated. We have been super busy with school starting. Talking Cael to day care has gotten easier. I don't cry when I leave him anymore and Courtney's even taken him a few times! Right now the back gate to get on post is closed so when I take him I have to backtrack to get on post. That also means everyone else is backtracking to get on post which means I sit in line for anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes! It's such a pain!

A week ago Cael had a rough few days. He was screaming and fussing and then he starting throwing up. This was all due to the fact that he hadn't pooped in a week. I took him into the pediatrician and they probed the little guy (yes in his bottom!) 5 times and....NOTHING! Not even anything on the stick! So they said he would poop that night. Well - I was tired of listening to the screaming and it was killing me that he was in pain. We got desparate so we took him to a chiropractor! Yep, you heard me, a chiropractor. Our little guy got adjusted and pooped that night! Then he pooped the next day! It's amazing how excited you get about poop when you have a baby! He's been adjusted 3 times now and has pooped after every time. I know it sounds a little crazy but when they explain why it works it makes perfect sense. Everything in your body is connected to your brain through nerves. These nerves run through your spine. When your back is out of place the nerves get pinched so they cannot work to their full capacity. When you get your back adjusted the nerves get unpinched (is that a word?) and can then work completely. Makes sense to me! He seems to be doing really well after his adjustments and as long as it works I'll keep taking him. All 3 of us got adjusted yesterday because they were doing free adjustments as long as you brought in some non-perisable food items. I've been fighting a cold for a week now so that seems better after my adjustment.

Last weekend Mom & Dad came to the house to watch wee man so Courtney and I could go to a T-Bones game. This had been planned since May - even before Cael was born! I was so excited! Well, I got home from school and my cold was driving me nuts. I ended up having a fever so I couldn't go. Courtney went ahead and left and Mom & Dad came over. It was a good thing because I wasn't in very good shape to be taking care of Cael by myself. He had a terrible night of sleeping that night - up every 2 hours!! But since then he has consistently slept anywhere from 5 to 7 hours every night. The trick?! Belly sleep!!! He sleeps so good on his belly! I know they say you shouldn't but if he'll sleep I'll do it!

What else has been going on? We went to Famous Dave's and Cabela's today with the Noon family. They came up to take us out for Courtney's birthday. Yep - my husband turned the big 3-0 on the 19th. He wasn't too thrilled! He especially wasn't thrilled because his birthday was also his first day of school with kids. Mommy & Cael got Daddy a new camera for his birthday. School is going pretty good for both of us so far. I think it should be a pretty good year. How could it be bad when we get to come home to our beautiful baby boy?!

Bed time!

I have such a pretty smile!!

I'm a big boy now when it comes to bath time!

I like hats and sunglasses....just like my Daddy!

At Famous Dave's with Aunt Nicole and my cousin, Alta Joy. Alta wasn't too sure about me when her Mom or Grammy were holding me but if I was in my car seat I was okay.

At Cabelas with my family....I was worn out!

I can't believe I drank the whole thing!

I'm ready for 2 things: hunting deer and kayaking in Puerto Rico.

No comments: