The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Last Week

Nothing much has been going on lately. Monday was nothing. Tuesday I had a pleasant surprise - no school!! It stormed Monday night and Tuesday morning and Ft. Leavenworth had no power. It was nice to be able to hang out at home and get some misc. stuff done. The worst part about it was that by the time I got the call I had already worked out, eaten breakfast, showered and was dressed. Oh well! I had a doctor's appointment with my glucose screening on Wednesday and was surprised by the results. I couldn't have sugar starting Monday night so I went from Monday night until Wednesday with no sugar. Wednesday morning I ate a very light breakfast (had to have my protein or I would feel like garbage!) and headed to the Dr. I had to drink 8 oz. of this nasty glucose solution. I got it down and kept it down (yahoo!) and then I had my appointment with Dr. Liu. He started talking about my weight which didn't surprise me but it did bother me. I've been worried that I was gaining too much this whole time but nothing was ever said. I was pretty bummed by this point already. About 30 minutes later they checked my iron level and blood sugar. Now if you know me you know I have hypoglycemia so my sugar level is usually low after drinking or eating something sugary. My iron level came back fine and I was bragging to my husband saying, "See Courty! I passed my test!" Which is when the nurse said, "Not your glucose test!" WHAT?!?! Passing is below 140 and mine was 146!!! Never have I gone high like that during a screening. Now I have to go on April 9th at 7:00 am to drink more glucose yucky stuff and then sit for 3 hours instead of 1 hour and have blood drawn every hour. For this one I have to fast after 10:00 pm which is no big deal - I'll just go to bed. Then I have to be at the office in KC at 7 am to check in and drink the crap at 7:30. I'll be home by 11:00 or so, depending on the results I would say. My friend, Sam, is going to take me so Courtney doesn't have to take off work. She'll take me home and I'll probably go to bed because that's what I do after blood sugar issues. We're supposed to leave that afternoon to go to Texas to see the Dills and their new addition....if she comes!! We now know she is over 8 lbs. but she's apparently not ready to come out yet! We'll see how things go before we make our final decision about going down there. We would LOVE to drive down there but we'll see how Kate feels and how things go with Hattie's birth. One more week of school and then SPRING BREAK!!! Finally! I didn't think it would ever get here! I'll keep you updated on how things go with my screening. If I fail again it means gestational diabetes but if I pass it means the first one was a fluke. We'll see!

No comments: