The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The awesomeness that was the light saber cake...

I know I've been talking it up for months so I had to deliver. Joy & I spent a LONG time on Saturday & Sunday making 2 light saber cakes for Mr. Boy's party. I, of course, took pictures to show everyone. Are you ready for this? It might just blow your mind!!

Ready for the oven.


















What do you do while waiting for cakes to bake? You cheese it up that's what!





















Success!!!! Now the hard part...



















Getting it out wasn't as hard as we thought it would be!!




















Getting the pan ready for the 2nd cake....will it work?!




















Light saber #2 in the oven with Cael's individual cake. We had extra batter so that's why there are 3 cakes on top.




















I didn't get a picture of the 2 cakes lined up before we frosted them because I'm stupid like that. Anyway - here are pictures of the cake frosting in action & the final product. Did I mention it was yummy, too?!




No comments: