The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

July 4th


We went to Topeka for the 4th of July again this year.  Last year we went & Cael couldn't even walk yet.  He belly crawled all over the grass & garage floor before I took him inside where he fell asleep.  We didn't get to watch fireworks either because of rain & we left early.  This year was completely different!!  We went to the same place and Cael was ALL OVER THE PLACE!!  He ran to the backyard & was playing with all the balls he could find!  We got him in the front yard & driveway where he threw "snap its" one at a time.  Then he figured out he could put them on the ground and stomp on them.  Then he figured out he could take a handful and throw them.  If they didn't pop he jumped on them!  Then we spent lots of time getting Uncle Dustin to light & throw smoke bombs while we said the colors.  We also had some cars & trucks that when you lit them it blew out the headlights & some of them were colorful.  He did great....until he got sleepy.  He was watching the fireworks and doing great but once he got sleepy the noise really bothered him.  I ended up inside with him watching Nick Jr. for a while.  Courtney came in to get us and we sat outside for a while.  There were some REALLY loud pops & Cael really really didn't like the whistling sounds some of them made.  We ended up going inside & upstairs to open up the blinds.  We sat in some chairs watching from the window.  He really did like them once they weren't as loud.  The picture up top is of us when we were inside watching the fireworks.  I thought it turned out really good....except for the really bright flash.  I never get pix with Cael because I am usually taking the pix!  We left Topeka around 10:30 last night for the drive home.  Cael immediately went to bed and was up crying at 3:30.  Then he got up at 5:30 and I put him in bed with me.  I couldn't sleep so I got up around 6:00 or so.  I. am. TIRED!  He is sleeping soundly now, as is Daddy, and I am finishing up getting his 2 year pix ready to mail out and getting ready to clean out the fridge.  Fun, huh?  Maybe Mommy will get a nap today!  

**Happy Birthday to Cool Aunt Joy!!!  Wish we were with you....maybe next year?!?!**

1 comment:

CAJ said...

Thanks! That picture of you two is my favorite ever!