The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Binky Free is the Way to Be!


We hit a major milestone with Mr. Boy this week.  We have gone to bed every night since Friday without a binky!!!  I wasn't sure it would ever happen & was scared to death how it was going to go but we did it & it was so much easier than I thought it would be! 

Last Friday he & Maddi (daycare friend) were being royal pains in the booty.  They refused to do anything I asked or told them to do.  Flat out saying "No!".  It wasn't a good day.  I finally had it around nap time & said, "Get to bed!"  So I sent them both to naps without juice or binkies.  Cael, to my surprise, went to sleep!  So that night he asked for his binky.  I said, "But I thought you were going to go to sleep like a big boy without a binky."  And he looked at me and said, "Okay mommy.  No binky."  He has asked for it only once each night since then and I just tell him he's a big boy.  Oh my goodness!!!  Nap time isn't going as well.  He goes down without a bink but then he doesn't sleep....at all.  He hasn't taken a nap since Friday!  Oh my - I'm not ready to nix the naptime yet!  He is growing up so fast.  :(  Not sure if mommy is ready for it!  Especially if he's going to be my only child.  Wow.  Bittersweet. 

No comments: