The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Dr. Appointment....

I had my monthly Dr. appointment today. I had my appointment at 3:30 so I left school at 3:00 to make it on time and so I could get out of the parking lot before a ton of parents arrived. I took 1 step out of my back classroom door and BAM! I slipped on black ice right onto my belly. Oh no, Kelly can't fall on her butt or any other part of her body - it had to be the baby belly. I fell so hard that the thick insulated cup I had in my hand busted when it hit the ground. I don't know how I ended up not smacking my face on the ground. I'm glad I didn't because that would have hurt worse! Of course a bunch of parents saw and so did some paras. One para that saw knows I'm pregnant and came running over....almost falling on the ice herself. I'm glad she saw because she was able to run in and tell someone to put some ice melt down. I would feel AWFUL if one of my kiddos or parents fell and got hurt. I tried to call Courtney but his phone doesn't work in Easton so I called my mom. She called Courtney at school and he rushed to the Doctor's office. I walked into the office and told the receptionist what happened - while crying of course. Her reply?! "The Doctor will be with you in a few minutes. Do you have your payment for this month?" WHAT?!?! I'm thinking I may have just killed my unborn child and you're worried about $89?!?! I apparently overreacted - he's pretty protected in there. We listened to the heartbeat and the Dr. said she would order a sonogram if I wanted one. She didn't seem worried at all so I decided I didn't need one. His heartrate was up a little bit from 2 weeks ago but that's because I was flipping out. I was just worried because you hear the stories of a woman falling and having a miscarriage. Luckily everything is fine and he seems to be fine. I just have to watch it tonight and I'm sure I'll be sore as hell tomorrow. Anyway - there's my drama for the day!! Hope everyone else is having a better week!

No comments: