The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reunited And It Feels So Good....

....sing it people! The Dills made it safely to and from Kansas last weekend. We had a great time with them. Brent had to work last Friday so they didn't leave TX until after 4:00. That was fine because Courtney had a 2 day tournament that started Friday. I went and then got home around 10:00 or so. I stayed up with the dogs until the Dill clan got here around 2:00 am. Courtney was in bed but he got up to say hello. The dogs went crazy!!! They played like they've never been apart! I suppose I shouldn't be surprised - so did the humans! I stayed up with them until about 3:00 and then went to bed. We got up Saturday morning and went to Horton for the 2nd leg of the tournament. Brent, Kate, & I had a blast going to Downtown Horton. We found a little pharmacy where Kate decided I should register there because the stuff was...um....lovely(?). We headed to the High School and I missed the turn so I went to the next place I could and it took us by a "historic marker" (we didn't pay attention to what it was). Katie and I of course had to have our picture taken. When we got to the High school we saw their huge bear statue which we also had to have our picture taken with. You remember how we are, right?! Courtney's boys did pretty good. We got home, ate dinner, and watched a movie...kind of. Katie didn't make it through much of the movie and I made it completely through until the last 20 minutes or so. The dogs loved laying with us sleeping. We got up Sunday and Kate and I went shopping. We decided to eat at Cheeseburger in Paradise and I ordered such a pregnant woman thing - fried pickles!! So yummy! We went to Target and then headed to Motherhood. I felt like we belonged there! We quickly found the sales & clearance rack. They had some adorable clothes but I didn't want to spend THAT much money on clothes I'll wear for the next 6 months or so. (You don't expect me to be back looking all svelt right away do you?) I found a few shirts, a dress, and a pair of capris and was trying them on and then it happened. Katie became my personal shopper!! She grabbed all the tank tops in my size she could find on sale and brought them to me. I found their "pregnant belly pillow" and put it on to make sure I could wear the shirts when I'm huge. Brilliant! And yes they all fit and I bought every single one!! My husband didn't seem too angry that I spent so much money. He was upset that I didn't buy many pants because that's what I've been complaining about but I solved that problem...I bought a belly band! Confused? It's basically a tube top for your pregnant belly. I can wear my "normal" pants without buttoning them and put the belly band around the top and it holds them up. I LOVE IT!!!! Sunday night we met my parents at Hooters (Courtney's idea) for dinner and again I ate fried pickles. They left Monday morning and I was sad but I know I'll see them in like 11 weeks. Hopefully Hattie will be born by then or even while we're there. We'll see! Here are some pics from our visit.













No comments: