The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Very Merry Marsh Christmas

Where to begin? Joy finally arrived last Tuesday morning after sitting at the airport in DC for HOURS. Courtney picked her up at 12:30. Cael and I woke her up at about 7:30 so he could get to the Dr. for his flu shots. Yep, plural, he got his seasonal and H1N1 shots but isn't done with them yet. He has to go back in 30 days for the second round of them. I guess it's too much for a baby to give them the full dose at one time. He did great of course! After his shots we drove to KC to see Dad at work and then went out to lunch. After lunch it was Christmas shopping!

Wednesday Cael and I met Joy & Mom at a nail salon to have pedicures done. It was perfect! So relaxing. A little smelly but definitely relaxing. After that we had dinner and then Mr. Boy and I came home. I probably should have stayed there because of the weather but we all sleep better in our own beds. You know how that is!

Thursday of course was Christmas Eve and Mom, Dad & Joyous came to town. Unfortunately Calvin & Donna couldn't make it because of the weather. We missed them but still had a great time. We had chili made by my hubby - fabulous as always! Then it was time to open up jammies. The tradition in the Johnson family is to open up jammies on Christmas Eve and that's it. This year Joy & I decided that Mom & Dad needed jammies too because they never get any. I even bought Granddad Calvin and Grandma Donna some....guess you'll get them this weekend! :) Cael was so cute opening the jams. He grabbed the paper and Papa pulled the package so it would open. We laid the different jammies out in front of him and he "picked" what he wanted to wear. He didn't even end up wearing the pair he "picked" because Mom & Dad had given him a pair of Christmas tree jammies before Christmas. After he went to bed I made bubble bread a.k.a. good morning rolls just like Mom used to do when we were little. I had never made it before and was scared to death I would ruin it. You start it the night before and let it sit on the countertop until the morning.

Friday morning I got up and was freaked out by how the bubble bread looked!! Luckily Winston had busted into Mom & Dad's room and woken Mom up so she could look at it. I had not covered it tight enough but it still worked. A little bit later we got up Mr. Cael and took him in to see his gift from Santa. So freaking cute! Santa got him a Jeep Renegade walker. He has one at Tracy's house and he loves it. Santa brought it and we put him in it right away. He loves the rear view mirrors and the sounds the steering wheel makes but he doesn't quite "walk" in it much. Next thing was opening presents. O.M.G. Grammy and Papa spoiled all of us!!! It was the year for electronics at our house! Courty, Joy, Cael & I gave them a WiFi printer, they gave Joy a Nintendo DS, they gave Cael a portable DVD player for the car (God send!!) and they gave us a Wii and a Wii Fit Plus!!!! I KNOW! We were kind of waiting for the Wii but SHOCKED by the Wii Fit and the DVD player. Cael loved opening the presents. Well, he loved the paper and boxes. Such a good, adorable boy! Of course we had to play the Wii for a LONG time that day. They decided to spend the night that night too because the weather got pretty nasty. Not many pictures were taken that day. Mommy was too busy videotaping Cael opening presents and I didn't tell Daddy to take pictures. Oh well. At least we got it all on tape!

Saturday we got up and tried to scoop out the driveway. Ha! We started and after about an hour we decided to hire someone to do it. I measured 2 drifts in our driveway. One drift was 23" and one was 13". Then I measured the actual snow and it was at least 7". The person we hired came and scooped it out and then Grandma Butler and Aunt Kim came. We had dinner and opened more gifts. Cael got all gussied up in his "tuxedo" from Cool Aunt Joy. He looked SO cute!! Joy ended up staying with us that night while Mom, Dad, Aunt Kim & Grandma went to their apartment. When we got up the next morning it had snowed more and you couldn't even tell anyone had ever been in our driveway!

On Sunday we went to Mom & Dad's for dinner and hung out with everyone. By the time we got there Aunt Sandi was also there. It was an apartment full!! Joy came back with us that night too. I think she might be tired of our house!! On a side note: the Cowboys won on Sunday putting them into the playoffs! If they beat the Eagles this weekend they win their division....come on Cowboys!!

Monday - yesterday - we went to the Oak Park Mall and did a little shopping and then went to dinner with Mom & Dad. Joy went home with them so she could leave bright and early this morning. She had to be at the airport no later than 5:00 this am...poor Cool Aunt Joy!

Today was a busy day too. Marilyn, Angelia, Cole & Jethro came up this morning and we had a great time. It's fun to get the boys together. Jethro and Cael are 2 days apart in age. We went to lunch and it's a good thing Cael doesn't have teeth. He was sitting up in his carseat and popped his mouth on the table. If there were teeth in that mouth he would have either busted one out or busted his lip. He cried for a little bit but then was perfectly fine! What a trooper! Now Daddy is at wrestling practice and we are watching "Julie & Julia" while blogging.

We are going to Minneapolis/Salina on Thursday and spending some Christmas time there. I hope we come back on Saturday night so we can sleep in on Sunday but we'll see what happens. Hope everyone had a great Christmas. We could not have asked for a better one. It was so wonderful finally having our son here. We don't even remember what Christmases were like before Cael!

No comments: