The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Saturday, May 30, 2009

School's Out for Summer!!

School is officially out for the summer for both me and Courtney!! Woo whoo!! We finished up yesterday and had a busy afternoon after school was out. We went to a retirement get together for our good friend, Carol, who is retiring from Patton. Courtney taught with her the last time we were here and she really took him under her wing. We've stayed in touch with her and her family so her daughters invited us to her party. Her daughter, Carrie, gave us a bunch of baby stuff too. She gave us a rocker, a car seat, base & stroller, a car seat for when he's older and can be front facing, lots of bedding, lots of videos & a breast pump. She saved us lots of money with that pump!! (Just what you all wanted to know, huh?!) This last week also saw my baby shower at the school. I had a joint shower with Gretchen who is an OT at my school and Courtney & I had birthing class with her. She is due on Wednesday so we are anxiously awaiting her news! Our shower was awesome!! I got so many gift cards, diapers, clothes, bottle stuff that we wanted, books, etc... Mom came to the shower and she and Dad got us the seat that I've been wanting. It's a bouncy/vibrating seat but it's elevated so it's right at couch level so you don't have to bend over to pick up the baby. That will be so nice!! A week ago Mom & I went shopping all day and got my hair cut while Courtney was in Eureka for his twin nieces' 1st birthday party. Then last Sunday Courtney and I bought ourselves a new washing machine for our Anniversary. It's a front loading energy efficient washer and it's so nice! Monday was our 7th wedding Anniversary! I can't believe we've been married for 7 years now. It seems like just yesterday. We really didn't do anything for Anniversary but go out for dinner. I had a rough day because I think I did too much over the weekend. I'm trying to take it easy but it's hard. I am having problems with having limitations right now. Luckily that will all be better (well, it will start getting better) in just a few short weeks! We are so ready for the baby to get here!! I have an appointment on Tuesday afternoon and we're hoping to get a sonogram to check his size and how he's laying. I feel him every day at the top of my belly and it has to be his back. If that's the case then he is laying sideways which is not good. Don't be too surprised if I end up with a scheduled c-section in the next few weeks. Right now I am not getting my hopes up for anything and I'm not anticipating anything either. Whatever's going to happen will happen and he'll be here when he's supposed to be....I just hope it's soon!!! Who knows - maybe my next update will include birthday pictures!!! Here are some pictures from our shower this week. As you can see Gretchen has not gained near as much weight as I have and she doesn't appear to be swollen like I am. Eewww!! I do not like the swelling AT ALL!! Have a great week and stay cool - it's 93 degrees here right now!




No comments: