The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Friday, June 12, 2009

Cael Ryan Marsh

He made it!! I would like to introduce Cael Ryan Marsh to the world! Here's his's a doozie!! On Tuesday afternoon (June 10) Marilyn came to town and we hung out and had lunch. During lunch I started not feeling too well so we came home and I relaxed for just a little bit. We went to the Dr. at 2:00 and I was 2+ dilated but the Dr. didn't seem too concerned about me not feeling well. We went to the car delearship and the police checked our carseats to make sure they were properly installed. We came home and decided, just in case, to call around to daycares and pediatricians. Courtney took care of that and I took a nap. We ate a little bit (I didn't eat much because the doc told me I didn't feel good because of something I ate so I should eat light) and then went to bed.

At about 10:00 I had a few little crampy contractions and didn't think anything of it. At 11:01 I had a pretty big contraction so I started to write the times down because if it was real they would want to know at the hospital. They were real sparatic and I wasn't sure if they were real because they were so strange feeling. I kept going in and waking up Courtney but telling him not to get up - I just wanted to let him know what was going on. At 12:15 or so I went in and I believe my exact words were, "Seriously dude! I am in labor!" He got up and started throwing bags in the car and I told him not to worry about it because we still had a while. He grabbed the stopwatch when I started a contraction and then looked again when I started another one....2 minutes apart!!! He said we should leave and I said no and he said we WERE leaving. We got in the car and left at 12:49. I called mom & dad and they headed that way. We got checked in at the ER and they wheeled us upstairs. I was signing paperwork as I was contracting, got my gown put on and was getting hooked up to monitors by 1:25. At that time I asked the nurse when I would know if I needed to push. She said I wasn't there yet and told me what it would feel like. My response?! "I FEEL THAT WAY NOW!!!" She got another nurse who said I was already at a 9!!! WHAT?!?! I know I said I wanted it to go fast but holy cow! They got me into a labor/delivery room and checked me again. This time - 10 cm!!! My mom and dad got there and Courtney went to get mom and give dad the keys to to get our bags. By the time dad got back with the bags and they brought them in the Dr. was in and it was time to push. What happened then?!? Kelly got SCARED!! No way could I do this! They had barely gotten the IV in and there wasn't time for pain meds of any kind....even in my IV. I didn't want an epidural but I did want IV drugs. Sorry bout your luck!

I started pushing at probably 2:30. I remember looking at the clock at about 2:35 or so and thinking I wanted to be done by 2:45. At about 2:45 the Dr. said, "Oh, he's bald!" We weren't surprised because Courtney & I were both bald for a long time when we were born. Then the nurses kept saying, "She's coming. She's getting closer!" So my mom said, "It's supposed to be a boy!" Then the doctor said, "Wait! This isn't his head - this is his butt!!" He was breech!!! Then the doctor said, "Oh! There are his boy parts!" And then little man went to the bathroom (1 & 2!) all over me....yeah remember he's still inside of me at this point. So the doctor got frustrated because he is breech and she didn't know it. She said she would have c-sectioned it by then but it was too late. At this point I shoved a washrag in my mouth, grabbed my husband's head (literally. Head lock!) and pushed non stop until he came out. At this point it was 2:55 and he was out! That's right people - no drugs and breech. My husband said he came into the world telling everyone to kiss his ass!!

He weighed 5 lbs. 13.8 oz and was 19.5 inches long. My labor lasted from 11:01 until 2:55. We were in labor & delivery until 7:30 and then we went into a regular room. He is doing great and is a really good baby! He sleeps most of the time, eats really well, burps like a man and poops like a man. My husband is doing an AMAZING job. He is completely hands on. He feeds him bottles and changes diapers. He is taking the best care of me which has made recovering so much better. We could not be happier!!


Tricia Leihy - Williams said...

What a beautiful little bundle of joy. I can't wait until I get back from Nebraska, I would LOVE to come and see you guys. Let me know what would work for you and what you guys might be needing. See you soon.

Mar said...

I am so proud of you...breech! At least he was small. My son was 9 lbs 9 1/2 oz. That was a hard delivery! Glad everything went so well and especially happy to see Daddy so involved.....although I knew both of you would make awesome parents. Get you rest!

triciadaniels said...

Congrats! What a beautiful little boy. I know it's early to tell, but I think he looks like Courtney.

ScottE. said...

Congrats!!! Exciting story.

The Holzwarth's said...

Wow, that is an amazing story! Good for you Kelly! I am so happy for both of you! Congrats! He is So precious and I love his name! Enjoy him and get some rest Mommy!!

Kisha said...