The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Our weekend and an update...

We had a great weekend with our cousins, Travis & Nicole, and their baby girl Alta Joy. They arrived on Saturday evening and we took that night pretty easy. We made dinner and just hung out talking until midnight - the latest Courtney and I have been awake in, oh I don't know, forever!! Sunday we got up and they were going to go to the Legends area and Courtney and I decided we'd stay home. Well then they were talking about eating lunch and asked what all was out there. I was joking around and said they should go to Hooters. I've never seen my husband change his mind about plans so fast! All of a sudden it was, "I'll go take a shower real fast and we'll all go!" So we loaded up and went to Hooters, NE Furniture Mart & Target and did lots of walking. We were hoping that would put me in to labor...nope! Sunday evening we came home and did pretty much nothing. The boys went out to dinner with the baby and Nicole and I had a girls night of eating dinner and going to Wally World. It was really nice to spend some time with another Mom and get to talk about girl stuff. Yesterday they got up and headed home and Courtney and I did nothing for the rest of the day. Today our friend Marilyn from Sabetha came by for a couple of hours. It was really nice to see her - we haven't seen her since this winter. She was on her way to pick up her son at her Aunt's house in KC. We went to lunch and I tell ya I thought I was going in to labor and....nope, again! After she left I had a Dr. appointment. I've moved up on the dilation scale to 2+ from 1+. I know that's a good sign (like I could have gone backwards?!) but it's still not far enough along! I'm just to the point of being uncomfortable and anxious and would like to have this little one already. I know, I know, I should just relax and let things happen which is what I'm trying to do. He'll come when he's ready. This weekend we are helping my mom and dad move to a new apartment so if he's not here by Friday (yeah, sure, like he'll come before Friday!) I might try drinking some tea I've heard about that is supposed to help stuff along. We'll see what happens! Tomorrow is the day that I guessed on our poll at the top and then there are only 2 more guesses so we'll see!! Courtney is still convinced it will happen on Friday since we're supposed to help them move that day. I hope it either happens before Sunday or waits until after next Wednesday. My dad is leaving for CO on Sunday and won't be home until Wednesday. It would kill him to not be here when the baby is born so I hope this little guy is polite & respectful of his Papa's feelings!!

No comments: