The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby Love!

Dear Cael,

Wow!  I can't believe that 2 years ago tonight I went into labor.  It would only take 4 hours of pain to experience the most beautiful moment ever when I would hold you for the first time.  The pain was 100% worth it.  Every second of it!  The fact that you are 2 blows my mind!  I can't believe we've had you in our lives for 2 years.

Your 2nd year of life has been full of milestones.  You (finally) got hair!  You have a full set of teeth.  You went from crawling to walking to running everywhere in 1 year!  You are talking up a storm.  We can even understand some things you are saying now.  Most of the time you still speak "Caelic" but it's a beautiful sound!!  Your daddy & I love to sit and listen to you talk and laugh.  We could listen to you for hours on end and never get tired of it!  You went from a crib to a toddler bed to a BIG big boy bed and just this week you have been sleeping all night in your own bed!  (You've done that in spurts but we've put the door knob cover on and you now realize you can't get out so you have given up trying!)  You've even let your daddy put you to bed twice this week which is HUGE!  You are a mommy's boy right now and even though I know sometimes it breaks your daddy's heart I secretly love it!  I love that you come running to me and want to hold my hand, hug me, crawl on me, kiss me, talk to me and just be with me.  You are the sweetest little man ever!

We had your birthday party last weekend and you were once again spoiled.  So many people love you because you are so wonderful.  You are sweet to everybody around you.  You love everyone and see nothing but good in people.  You show us how we should be!

You are a happy boy and you are so full of energy.  I wish I had a quarter of your energy!  I am getting some of mine back because I am chasing you everywhere.  You know you can walk, you want to walk and you WILL walk anywhere you want!  You are loving your new swing set and you know how to slide down the slide by yourself but you still love to hold someone's hand when you are ready to go - it is so cute!!  

I say this all the time to you but I love you so much!  You have a beautiful soul.  You have a beautiful spirit.  I can't imagine my life without you.  Having you was the best decision your daddy & I have ever made.  We love being your parents.

You are my heart.  I love you.

Mama

No comments: