The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Sunday, January 02, 2011

4 mile run...

Okay so I have several New Year resolutions, one of which is to finally lose all this damn baby weight!!  I'm getting closer but it's still not gone.  Yes I know my son is 18 months old.  Unfortunately I am not one of those women that loses it the day I come home from the hospital.  And of course I'm not going to be happy with being at the weight I was at pre-Cael...I want to lose 10-15 more than that.  Keep in mind that I teach Kindergarten.  What does that have to do with anything?!  I need positive reinforcement, encouragement & a goal to reach or I won't do anything!!  So I found out there is a 4 mile run in April at the plaza in KC.  I've decided that I am going to work my butt off to be able to do it!!  Courtney says he'll join me - we'll see.  Courtney got me the nike+ipod sport package for Christmas and it is awesome!!!  It's a sensor that you put in a pouch on your shoe (or in your shoe if you have the fancy nike shoe which I don't) and then there is a thingy that plugs into your ipod.  You can set it for lots of different things, one of them being the distance you run.  I decided to start today to make sure it works correctly.  I set it for 1 mile and started running.  While I'm running & my music is playing this voice comes over and tells me I'm halfway done!  Then it started with 500 meters left and told me how much was left every 100 meters.  I learned that the distance setting on my treadmill is completely off and I've been running much farther than it tells me.  I also was able to run a mile is pretty much the same time as Kate & I did in PR which THRILLS me!!!  Here's my plan for the 4 mile run: for the month of January I will start with 1 mile and bump up my distance a quarter of a mile each week.  So the month of February puts me at 2 miles bumping it up a quarter of a mile each week.  March will be 3 miles bumping it up a quarter of a mile each week so that the first week of April I will run 4 miles and be ready for the run on April 17th.  I decided to write about it on here so maybe I will actually stick with it.  We'll see how it goes!  If any of you want to run with me in April let me know!  Katie Dill I'm looking at you......

No comments: