The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Week 4 of my running

I haven't posted much about my running so I thought I would today.  I started my 4th week of running yesterday morning.  Yes, morning.  I am up and downstairs running no later than 5:30.  I'm going to have to either start taking breakfast in the car on the way to work or start running earlier.  Yeah I think I'll be drinking protein shakes in the car, thank you very much!  My first week I ran 1 mile, second week 1 1/4 miles, last week 1 1/2 miles and yesterday I started 1 3/4 miles.  It's going pretty well.  I LOVE having my ipod thingy to tell me how far I've gone, what my time is, how many calories I've burned & the occassional kuddos.  It really makes running bearable!  I would normally be freaking out about running 2 miles on a treadmill next week but I'm not at all.  Do I like running?  No not really!  But I want to like running & I want to be good at it.  That may take a while!  I am definitely not where I would like to be on time but I'll get there....eventually...I hope!  I am definitely slower than I was in PR when Kate & I ran but I'm also older & have had a baby so I'm heavier.  :(  4 weeks down - 11 to go!

No comments: