The Marsh Family

The Marsh Family

Friday, January 07, 2011

First week of running & the KU basketball game

First - I completed my first week of running to get ready for April!!  I actually did it!  I know it doesn't sound like that big of a deal because I still have 14 weeks to go but I'm pretty proud of myself for getting up and doing it!  I ran Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & today.  I ran a mile each day and kept my time below 11 minutes.  I know that's pretty slow but hopefully I'll improve on that with each week I run.  Next week I'll run 1 1/4 miles.  I think it's a good idea for me to slowly bump up.  I probably won't run 4 days next week because I only ran Sunday of this week to try out my ipod thingy....which I love!!!


Moving on!  On Wednesday night Courtney & I got to go to the KU men's basketball game in Lawerence!  One of dads bosses has season tickets and he wasn't using them on Wednesday so he gave them to us.  The only thing was we had to take Nicolas who is a HUGE KU fan.  It ended up being the 2 of us, Nic & Courtney's principal.  I know kind of strange, right?!  Amanda, Jim & Anna stayed with Cael and he had a blast!  We only played UMKC so it wasn't a big deal but it was still fun.

This is where we were sitting.  That is a picture not zoomed in at all.  The seats were great!

 They have a KU hall of fame downstairs so we had to check it out.  Is Nicolas related?  I'm guessing no!

 This is the halfcourt from the original gym.

 Championship trophy!

 Nic's wingspan. 

 Courtney's wingspan.  He had the same wingspan as one of the girls!

 How big is your foot?

 Here's a picture from the second half.  We had a blast!!


No comments: